2015 Convention & AGM
The 2015 FAS Convention will take place on October 24th 2015 at the University of Birmingham, Birmingham. The convention will start at 9.30am.
Tickets can no longer be booked online, but you are still able to attend by turning up and paying on the day.
- Prof. Allan Chapman – “Sir John Herschel (1792-1871); Astronomer, Physicist, Chemist, Optician, and ‘Universal Philosopher'”
- Prof. Martin Hendry – “Einstein’s Universe”
- Prof. Nigel Mason OBE – “Chemistry in the Cosmos”
- Prof. David Valls-Gabaud – “Gravitational lensing, or how to detect and measure the warps of space-time”
- Joseph Walshe – “Thank your lucky stars!”
- Darryl Sergison – “Stellar Birth, the first 10Myr”
A copy of the programme can be found here.
There will be traders available on the day.
A copy of the event poster can be found here.
£ 5 for FAS members
£ 7 for non-members
An important part of the FAS Convention is the Annual General Meeting. The AGM documents can be found on our 2015 AGM Material page.
Directions & Map:
Venue address: Poynting Physics Building, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, B15 2TT.
The Poynting Physics Building is situated in the heart of the University of Birmingham’s Edgbaston campus, R13 on the Campus map. Detailed directions, via public transport, bicycle, car and air can be found here. Car parks in the University are free at weekends.
Please note that there are a few venues on site which sell food, such as a ‘Spar’ and ‘Subway’. You are also welcome to bring your own packed lunch, and slightly further away (~10 minute walk, on the Bristol Road) there are a number of pubs which serve food.
For more information please contact the webmaster.