2014 Convention & AGM
- Prof. Paul Cannon FREng OBE – “Solar Superstorms – a storm in a tea cup, or a global risk?”
- Prof. Bill Chaplin – “Music of the Stars”
- Prof. Matthew Angling – “Small Satellites, Big Ambitions”
- Maggie Lieu – “Human exploration of Mars”
- Dr. Christopher Berry – “The Gravitational Universe: Black Holes & Gravitational Waves”
A copy of the programme can be found here.
There will be traders available on the day.
A copy of the event poster can be found here.
£ 5 for FAS members
£ 7 for non-members
For more information please email email@example.com
An important part of the FAS Convention is the Annual General Meeting. There are various constitutional amendments being proposed and these along with other AGM documents can be found on our 2014 AGM Material page.
Directions & Map:
Venue address: Bramall Music Building, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, B15 2TT.
The Bramall Music Building is situated in the heart of the University of Birmingham’s Edgbaston campus, R12 on the Campus map. Detailed directions, via public transport, bicycle, car and air can be found here. Car parks in the University are free at weekends.
Please note that there are a few venues on site which sell food, such as a ‘Spar’ and ‘Subway’. You are also welcome to bring your own packed lunch, and slightly further away, 10 minute walk, on the Bristol Road, there are a number of pubs. Finally, a ‘Costa’ coffee shop is located at the venue.